Australian Consulate General, Shanghai
The Public Diplomacy Manager plays a key role in the Consulate, ensuring high quality development, implementation and evaluation of public diplomacy and alumni programs. In close consultation with Consul (Policy), the Public Diplomacy Manager manages program and event budgets. As a key public facing role, the Public Diplomacy Manager manages sponsorship outreach and stakeholder relations in Shanghai and East China, including with the business community. The role may require local travel and supervising junior team members.
Your application, written in English, addressed in the title ‘Application for Public Diplomacy Manager + your name’ must include:
- A one page pitch of no more than 1000 words outlining how your skills, experience and qualifications make you the best person for the job;
- Curriculum vitae including your nationality and country of residency. If you are an Australian citizen in China, please advise your Chinese visa category.
- Contact details for two work-related referees (at least one should be your current or recent supervisor)
Applications and inquiries should be emailed to [email protected]. Closing date for applications is 1pm, Friday 17 February 2023. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received any contact within four weeks from the closing date.
Australian Consulate General, Shenyang
In consultation with HOP/DHOP/Consul, this position is the Consulate’s Interpreter and Translator; and manages relations with government, business, academic institutions and NGOs to ensure external support enabling the Consulate to prosecute its objectives across the Consulate district (Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang provinces). The position provides high-level research on political, economic and social developments in Northeast China; as well as drafting a range of other documents in Chinese and English. Working as part of a small team, the position will be required to provide a range of back-up duties, including administrative duties.
Submit an application via email to [email protected] by 9:00am, Monday 20 February 2023. Applications received after the closing date and time may not be considered. The subject line of your email should include the Position Number and Position Title you are applying for.
Your application, written in English, should include:
· Completed ‘Application for Locally Engaged Staff Employment’. See Attachment A.
· Your application pitch (maximum 750 words). See Attachment B.
· Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages).
Applications must be in either Microsoft Word or PDF format, with a maximum email size of 3MB.
For inquiries regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources section at [email protected].